指 示 代 词
1) Today’s libraries differ greatly from .
［A］ the past ［B］ those of the past ［C］ that are past ［D］ those past
2) The amount of money spent on cosmetics, according to some authorities, has exceeded spent on public health.
3) The culture and customs of America are more like of England than of any other country.
1) B为正确答案。此题中的differ from意为“不同于”，相比较的对象为“现代的图书馆”与“以往的图书馆”，故应选B ，用those代替前面提到的libraries(复数)。
2) D为正确答案。“has exceeded”“超过，超越”，空档后“spent on public health”作定语，而空档处是代词代替“The amount of monay”，这是不可数名词，所以“［A］ one”和“［B］ those”均不符合条件。“［C］ it”也不对，it代词代“the amount of money spent on cosmetics,”那么空档后的“spent on public health”显然与“spent on cosmetics”相矛盾。所以C也不对。
3) D为正确答案。“what”和“which”为连接和关系代词，“that”指代单数，而空档处是代前边的“The clture and customs of America”，所以应当用复数代词those。
4) Numerous efforts have been made ［A］ to improve ［B］ the laws governing ［C］ air pollution， but none have been as successful as them ［D］ devised by the state of Oregon.
5) An internationally famous ballerina ［A］ ， Maria Tallchief demonstrated ［B］ that the quality of ballet in the United States could equal those ［C］ of the ballet in Europe ［D］ .
6) Since the job was going to be ［A］ difficult， he asked only ［B］ them ［C］ he trusted to assist him ［D］ .
7) Forest animals ［A］ utilize the sense ［B］ of smell less ［C］ than them ［D］ in the countryside.
4) D错。 改为those。这里“those”与“none”同指，都代“the laws”。
5) C错。 改为that，代“the quality。”
6) C错。改为those。C处作“asked”的宾语，又作“he trusted to assist him”的先行词。
7) D 错。 改为those。
8) Let us take a serious, reasonable look at what the results might be if proposal were accepted.
［A］ so many
［B］ a so many
［C］ a such
［D］ such a
9) Although signs of dishonesty in school, business, and government seem much more numerous in recent years than in the past, could it be that we are getting better at revealing dishonesty?
［D］ such a
关 系 代 词
关系代词有who, whom, whose, that, which，as。它们用来引导定语从句。它们既代表所修饰词，又在从句中担任一定的成分。
1) Human beings are social ［A］ animals whom ［B］ usually prefer not to live in physical ［C］ or psychological isolation ［D］ .
2) There was a teapot fashioned like a China duck out of open mouth the tea was supposed to come.
［A］ which ［B］ its［C］ that［D］ whose
3) The first doll say “mama” was invented in 1830.
［A］ that it could ［B］ could ［C］ it could ［D］ that could
四、代表物时多用which，但在带有下列词的句子中用that而不用which，这些词包括all, anything, much等
4) Probably he had come down in the world and this sampling was all was left him from the time when he could afford to come and select his favorite pudding.
［A］ what［B］ that［C］ which［D］ who
5) Although Jefferson lived more than 200 years ago, there is much we can learn from him today.
［A］ as［B］ when［C］ who［D］ that
6) After a while I recognized him as "Big Jim," used to sit behind me in maths class in high school.
［A］ which［B］ who［C］ he［D］ that
7) I have often wondered whether some people, had no intention of making a purchase, would take advantage of this privilege of having a sample puddings without buying them.
［A］ whom［B］ who［C］ which［D］ what
8) This means we shall have to carry our own water, will add even greater weight to the saucer."
［A］ that［B］ although［C］ why［D］ which
9) One can suggest that students should spend two or three years in an English－speaking country, amounts to washing one's hands of English complex structures.
［A］ whom［B］ which［C］ when［D］ that
七、在引导限定性定语从句时，that有时相当于in which, at which, for which或at which
Attitudes towards daydreaming are changing in much the same way that(in which) attitudes towards night dreaming have changed. 人们对白日做梦的态度正在改变，这与人们对夜间做梦的看法的变化有非常相似之处。
I like the music for the very reason that(for which) he dislikes it. 我出于某种原因喜欢这种音乐，而他恰恰与我相反。
We arrived the day that(on which) they left. 刚好我们到的那天他们走了。
Sam set out to improve efficiency at the shirt factory but, as we find out later in this unit, his turned out not quite as he had expected.
1) B错。改为who。2) D为正确答案。3) D为正确答案。4) B为正确答案。5) D为正确答案。
6) B为正确答案。7) B为正确答案。8) D为正确答案。9) B为正确答案。
连接代词：是用来引导主语从句、宾语从句和表语从句，连接代词有 what, who, whom,whose, which。
1) Continue to be you are before you find an exercelent job!
［A］ who［B］ that［C］ what［D］ which
2) would be a fairly long speech in a play is often presented as a recitative(宣叙部) in opera.
［A］ That［B］ There［C］ It［D］ What
二、代词who(m), which和what可以和?ever构成复合代词(whoever, whomever, whichever, whatever)，它们起强调作用，都兼具先行词和关系词的作用。表示“所有，一切”意。whoever和whomever作为复合代词，前边有介词，如果单纯作介词的宾语用whomever；如果介词后边的复合代词引导从句，则用whoever
3) it is you have heard, you'd better ask him about it in person.
［A］ Whatever ［B］ However［C］ That［D］ Although
4) The government will sell public houses to provides enough amount of money for the government further investment.
［A］ whoever ［B］ those［C］ people［D］ who
5) the size or nature of a business,its main goal is to earn a profit.
［A］ Whatever［B］ Of［C］ Whereas［D］ Because
1) C为正确答案。2) D为正确答案。3) A为正确答案。4) A为正确答案。5) A为正确答案。
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/9437124/viewspace-988526/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。