In case you may want or need more about your current topic - please also access the Data Guard Community of Customers and Oracle Specialists directly via:
Online redo logs are not used in the physical standby database.
Physical standby database will be in mount stage or read-only stage all the times so it will not be generating any Redo, therefore Online Redologs are not used on the Physical Standby Database (as long as it is acting as a Standby Database).
Changing the Size and Number of the
Online Redolog Files is sometimes done/necessary to tune the Database.
You can add or drop Online Redolog File Groups or Members on the Primary
Database without affecting the Standby Database. Similarly, you can
drop Logfile Groups or Members from the Standby Database without
affecting your Primary Database. However, these changes do affect the
Performance of the Standby Database after Switchover or Failover when it
becomes a Primary Database.
So you may want to add/drop Redologs on the Standby Database when you are adding/dropping the Redologs on the Primary Database.
Operation on Redo logs in Physical Standby:
1. Add Redologs on Standby
2. Drop Redologs on Standby
3. Sync Redologs on Primary and Standby
Add Redo Logs on Standby
1. Stop Redo apply:
2. Set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to MANUAL.
3. Add Redolog File Group:
Add as many Redo Logfile Groups (or Members) you want to add.
4. Set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to AUTO.
5. Start Redo Apply (Managed Recovery):
Drop Redo Logs on Standby
1. Check the Status of the Online Redolog Group.
if the online redo logs are not used on a physical standby database,
the status within v$log will be updated through the standby control
file. They are results of actions on the primary database eg.
If Status is CLEARING_CURRENT or CURRENT then you cannot drop
Online Redolog Group, please use "Sync Redo Logs on Primary and Standby"
Section in this Case. You will get ORA-01623 if you try to drop a
Redolog Group with Status CLEARING_CURRENT or CURRENT.
You can also change this status by doing a ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE; on primary.
For Status CLEARING, UNUSED, INACTIVE please follow below steps.
2. Stop Redo Apply:
3. Set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to MANUAL.
4. Clear the Online Redo Logfile Group:
5. Drop the Online Redo Logfile Group:
If you have skipped Step 4 then you will get ORA-01624 while droping the Online Redolog Group with Status CLEARING.
6. Set STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to AUTO.
7. Start Redo Apply:
Sync Redo Logs on Primary and Standby
1. Make all the Changes related to Redolog Groups (Add/delete/Modify) in the Primary Database available to the Standby Database in one Step.
2. Shutdown the Standby Database.
3. Drop all Redolog Group Files using OS Command or ASMCMD Command
depending on the Location of the Online Redo Logs on the Standby
4. Recreate the Standby Controlfile using these Notes:
5. Startup the Database in mount Stage.
Oracle 8i and 9i (8.x - 9.x):
Oracle 10g and 11g (10.x - 11.x):
6. Clear all Redolog Groups on Standby (only when using Oracle Database <10.2.0.1).
Repeat step 6 for all Online Redolog File Groups.
7. Start Redo Apply:
When using Oracle Database >=10.2.0.1 and LOG_FILE_NAME_CONVERT is configured the online redo logs will be automatically cleared and physically created when starting recovery.
Please see also
10.2 Data Guard Physical Standby Switchover (Doc ID 751600.1)
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/38267/viewspace-722149/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。