环境：Vmware ESX 4.0 .0, 208167，Vmware Virtual Center 4.0
VMware ESX 4.0 Update-1 or earlierCloning the affected
virtual machine or specific virtual disk to another location preserves
the original files, and consolidates the disk's snapshot delta
information with a copy of the base disk into the new virtual machine
Outright snapshot removal or consolidation is an
irreversible process. This process is possible from the VMware vSphere
and Infrastructure Client, as well as through the vSphere Management
Assistant (vMA), vSphere CLI, Power CLI, SDK/APIs, and the ESX host
Note: Virtual machine clones are
possible through a client connection to VMware vCenter and
VirtualCenter. If you do not have either of these products, virtual
machine cloning is not available. You may, however, still clone and
consolidate individual virtual machine disks.
Review the virtual machine's configuration and identify the locations and filenames of the attached virtual disks.
- Verify what specific delta virtual disk(s) the virtual machine
is referencing. You can determine this either by reviewing the virtual
machine hardware configuration, highlighting a virtual disk, and noting
each disk's file name, or you can review the virtual machine's
configuration ( .vmx) file.
- Also note the size of each virtual machine hard disk
(specifically the base disk files). Destination clones will be of these
Cloning of virtual disks may be required as part
of your effort towards consolidation and reclaiming of space. Verify
that you have enough space on one or more datastores to receive a
consolidated clone of the virtual machine in entirety or in part (a
- Conduct a review of datastore space consumption and assess what
datastores disk or virtual machine clones can be saved to, as part of a
These solutions ensure that the original disk
files are not modified. The consolidated clone can be reviewed before
making a decision to allow the clone copy to take over services for the
affected virtual machine.
- Clone the virtual machine by using the VMware vSphere or Infrastructure Client. See: Cloning Virtual Machines in VMware vCenter and VirtualCenter (1027865).
- Clone individual virtual machine disks using the vMA or vCLI. See: Cloning Individual Virtual Machine Disks via vMA and vCLI (1027872).
- Clone individual virtual machine disks using the terminal. See: Cloning individual virtual machine disks via the VMware ESX host terminal (1027876).
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/38267/viewspace-719845/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。