|修改时间 10-AUG-2011 类型 PROBLEM 状态 ARCHIVED|
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 - Release: 10.2 to 10.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to drop a disk from a diskgroup with external redundancy, the following events occur:
- Getting error: ORA-15041: diskgroup space exhausted. Although there is much free space on diskgroup!
- Rebalance not completed and disk couldn't be dropped.
- Disk becomes is status HUNG.
When disk is undropped, then performing manual rebalance (using ALTER DISKGROUP
There might be other symptoms like:
- Many of the warning message below in the alert log of the ASM instance:
WARNING: allocation failure on disk
- A resize of a datafile results in ORA-1237
- Errors extending objects (e.g ORA-1652, ORA-1654)
Data was not evenly distributed among disks even after manaul rebalance.
There might be inconsistency remaining in the metadata.
1- check and repair metadata inconsistency
SQL> Alter diskgroup
2- Perform. manual rebalance
SQL> alter diskgroup
(we used power 11 to make rebalance as fast as possible)
3- Monitor v$asm_operation and wait until rebalance is complete
4- Check v$asm_disk to see if data is now balanced across disks.
5- If data is now balanced correctly, then try to drop the disk you want to drop.
NOTE:419014.1 - ORA-15041 V$ASM_DISK Shows HUNG State for Dropped Disks