Another great new feature in tablespace management is rename tablespace.
Tablespace Rename Overview
In Oracle 10g, you can simply rename a tablespace TBS01 to TBS02 by issuing the following command:
ALTER TABLESPACE tbs01 RENAME TO tbs02;
However, you must follow the rules when renaming a tablespace:
- You must set compatibility level to at least 10.0.1.
- You cannot rename the SYSTEM or SYSAUX tablespaces.
- You cannot rename an offline tablespace.
- You cannot rename a tablespace that contains offline datafiles.
- Renaming a tablespace does not changes its tablespace identifier.
- Renaming a tablespace does not change the name of its datafiles.
Tablespace Rename Benefits
Tablespace rename provides the following benefits:
- It simplifies the process of tablespace migration within a database.
- It simplifies the process of transporting a tablespace between two databases.
Example 1: Rename a tablespace within a database. In Oracle9i or earlier releases, you must take the following steps to rename a tablespace from OLD_TBS to NEW_TBS:
- Create a new tablespace NEW_TBS.
- Copy all objects from OLD_TBS to NEW_TBS.
- Drop tablespace OLD_TBS.
In Oracle 10g, you can accomplish the same thing in one step:
- Rename tablespace OLD_TBS to NEW_TBS.
ALTER TABLESPACE RENAME old_tbs to new_tbs;
others: temp tablespace group,bigfile tablespace please reference:
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/29987/viewspace-51797/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。