Ball mills rotate around a horizontal axis, partially filled with the material to be ground plus the grinding medium. Different materials are used as media, including ceramic balls, flint pebbles and stainless steel balls. An internal cascading effect reduces the material to a fine powder. Industrial ball mills can operate continuously, fed at one end and discharged at the other end. Large to medium-sized ball mills are mechanically rotated on their axis, but small ones normally consist of a cylindrical capped container that sits on two drive shafts (pulleys and belts are used to transmit rotary motion). A rock tumbler functions on the same principle.
Ball mills are also used in pyrotechnics and the manufacture of black powder, but cannot be used in the preparation of some pyrotechnic mixtures such as flash powder because of their sensitivity to impact.
Ball mills have two ways of grinding: the dry way and the wet way. It can be divided into tabular type and flowing type according to different extracting way of mine. Ball mill is widely used in cement industry, mining industry, building material, chemical industry etc.
Ball Mill's Performance and Features are as following：
1. The new ball milling machine can save power of motor of 30-40%, lubricating oil 70%, cooling water 90%, and the comprehensive saved energy is over 40%.
2. The headstock of the ball milling machine does not need to change, which saves much maintenance costs and both time and labor.
3. The headstock adopts grease lubrication which is convenient, clean and with no heavy metal pollution.
4. It is an efficient tool for grinding many hard materials into fine powder;
5. There are two ways of grinding: The dry way and the wet way;
6. Ball mill can be divided into tabular type and flowing type according to different expelling mine;
7. To use the ball mill, the material to be ground is loaded into the neoprene barrel that contains grinding media;
8. As the barrel rotates, the material is crushed between the individual pieces of grinding media that mix and crush the product into fine powder over a period of time;
9. Ultimate particle size depends entirly on how hard the material the mill grinding.china sand washers: http://www.chinaquarry.com/products_show/sand_washer.html
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/29264349/viewspace-774945/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。