Milling machines require special safety precautions while being used.
- Do not make contact with the revolving cutter.
- Place a wooden pad or suitable cover over the table surface to protect it
from possible damage.
- Use the buddy system when moving heavy attachments.
- Do not attempt to tighten arbor nuts using machine power.
- When installing or removing milling cutters, always hold them with a rag to
prevent cutting your hands.
- While setting up work, install the cutter last to avoid being cut.
- Never adjust the workpiece or work mounting devices when the machine is
- Chips should be removed from the workpiece with an appropriate rake and a
Keep in mind these key points:
- Never use a horizontal milling machine without an effective cutter guard.
- Always fix the work piece in a balanced position on the table. If a vice
is used it should be of robust construction and securely attached to the table.
- Never remove safety limit stops or use them as length trip stops.
- Always ensure that cutters are rotating in the correct direction
- Always stop the cutter spindle when not actually cutting
- Always isolate the machine when changing a cutter or arbor use an arbor
support when required
- Handle milling cutters carefully - they have sharp edges
- Always replace the gear train cover on a dividing head after adjustment
- Use knee braces when required
- Never use a milling machine cutter with even one damaged tooth
- Never use damaged adaptors, taper sockets, taper shanks, etc.
- Never remove a component from the table by inserting the fingers in a
tenon or tee slot.
- Always ensure that the draw bolt on a vertical milling machine is properly
engaged or tightened.
NOTE Chip rake should be fabricated to the size of the T-slots. As the
professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, such as stone crusher, Henan Hongxing
is always doing the best in products and service. jaw
- Shut the machine off before making any adjustments or measurements.
- When using cutting oil, prevent splashing by using appropriate splash
guards. Cutting oil on the floor can cause a slippery condition that could
result in operator injury
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/26834288/viewspace-723309/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。