You can notice that the new field “Operating Unit” which is new field in R12 and by default is in disabled mode:-
With the introduction of multi-org access control in release 12, an applications responsibility
can access multiple operating units. Some concurrent programs have been enhanced to process multiple operating units simultaneously, while for other requests the operating unit must be specified when you run the program.
To support this, concurrent programs are defined with an operating unit mode of 'S' for single operating unit or 'M'(concurrent program will be in this mode by default) for multiple operating units. If the 'Operating Unit Mode' is not set for the concurrent program it will fail.
The “Operating Unit” field/parameter is known as “Reporting Context” in MOAC(Multi Org Access Control) terminology.
For a concurrent program though there may be a need to only run for Single Operating Unit, though the Responsibility has access to Multiple Operating Units’ data based on the “MO: Security Profile” profile option.
Running a particular concurrent program for only a Single Operating Unit can be achieved by a simple update statement or from the front-end application:-
--Execute the following update statement in the database for the particular concurrent program you want set to run for "Single Operating Unit"
SET multi_org_category = 'S'
WHERE concurrent_program_name = '<your program name>';
Now we will see how we can achieve from the Oracle Applications front-end.
1. Login into application with System Administration responsibility (NOT System
2. Navigate: Concurrent -> Programs
3. Query for short name of the concurrent program
4. Click on Update pencil icon of your program
5. Under 'Update Concurrent Program' region, select Request tab
6. Under 'Request Setting' region, select 'Single' from the drop down of 'Operating Unit
7. Save changes by clicking on 'Apply' button
8. Change responsibility to the responsibility where the “Concurrent Program” can be run, in
this example “TESTOU” is assigned to “AR Super User” responsibility
9. Select the “Concurrent Program” from the “SRS Window”, now you can see that “Operating
Unit” field is enabled and you can see the Operating Units in the LOV
10. This particular selected Operating Unit value can be accessed using the standard MOAC API:MO_GLOBAL.get_current_org_id
Note:- The return value for the “Operating Unit” reporting context is corresponding “ORG_ID” for the selected “Operating Unit Name”
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/22816976/viewspace-2141062/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。