1) When we take a disk offline in case the disk is corrupted or database is not able to read or write from the disk. In case of Oracle database 10g, oracle engine use to balance the other disks with the content of offline disk. This process was a relatively costly operation, and could take hours to complete, even if the disk failure was only a transient failure.
--10g时，若有ASM disk离线，数据库会将offline disk的数据分配到其他disk，此操作比较耗时且代价高昂；
2) Oracle Database 11g introduces the ASM Fast Mirror Resync feature that significantly reduces the time required to resynchronize a transient failure of a disk. When a disk goes off line oracle engine doesn’t balance other disk, instead ASM tracks the allocation units that are modified during the outage. The content present in the failed disk is tracked by other disks and any modification that is made to the content of failed disk is actually made in other available disks. Once we get the disk back and attach it, the data belonging to this disk and which got modified during that time will get resynchronized back again. This avoids the heavy re-balancing activity.
--11g引入fast mirror resync功能，若磁盘offline则其他磁盘负责记录并用对该磁盘的所有改动，等磁盘可访问时再进行同步，前提是该磁盘数据没有损坏，否则需要drop；
3) ASM fast disk resync significantly reduces the time required to resynchronize a transient failure of a disk. When a disk goes offline following a transient failure, ASM tracks the extents that are modified during the outage. When the transient failure is repaired, ASM can quickly resynchronize only the ASM disk extents that have been affected during the outage.
4) This feature assumes that the content of the affected ASM disks has not been damaged or modified.
5) When an ASM disk path fails, the ASM disk is taken offline but not dropped if you have set the DISK_REPAIR_TIME attribute for the corresponding disk group. The setting for this attribute determines the duration of a disk outage that ASM tolerates while still being able to resynchronize after you complete the repair.
Note: The tracking mechanism uses one bit for each modified allocation unit. This ensures that the tracking mechanism very efficient.
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/15480802/viewspace-733942/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。