What's New in the JMF 2.0 Reference Implementations (转)[@more@]
What's New in the JMF 2.0 Reference Implementations
New Features in JMF 2.1.1 FCS
- Improved RTP api
- Added support for H.263/1998 (rfc 2429) - now can interoperate with Darwin based RTSP servers.
- Direct Audio Renderer and Capturer
- Performance enhancements with new Java compilers
- JMF Customizer added to all JMF versions
- HTTPS, JAWT, UNC pathnames support
- Numerous bug fixes
New Features in JMF 2.1.1 Beta 3
- The JMF Customizer has been added to the JMF performance packs.
- The quicktime file writer now creates streamable Quicktime files, i.e. the header is at the beginning of the file. When used, a temporary file is created then deleted after the streamable file is created.
- UNC paths are now supported, e.g.
- RTP Connector: a new interface that allows developers to connect JMF/RTP to their own and possibly proprietary transport services.
- RTSP Processor has been added
- A new control that provides a handle on RTPManager objects to retrieve RTP statistics from the RTSP player
- The RTSP Player now handles multiple audio & video streams
- Added JAWT support for jdk1.3+
- Key Bug Fixes:
- Frame by Frame stepping of avi files now works properly
- Quicktime files can now be created with more than 25000 frames.
- Fixed "ClassCastException when playing from an input stream"
- Fixed "Renderer for Sun Ray crashes when runnning with Corona 1.2"
- Fixed "Transmitting H.263 with size < 176x144 crashes the VM"
- Fixed "Transmitting video only H.263 from files with A/V may not loop back"
- Fixed "ByeEvent's are not sent reliably from the RTPManager"
New Features in JMF 2.1.1 Beta 2
- Minor RTP API updates:
RTPManager is changed to be an abstract class
javax.media.rtp.Manager class is removed
- A new method
newInstance() is added to the RTPManager class to instantiate an RTPManager
- Renamed Methods:
openConnection() -> addTarget()
removeConnection() -> removeTarget()
removeConnections() -> removeTargets()
- Performance optimizations on JMF when running on JVM's with native non-pinned arrays (JDK 1.3, Inte.NET Explorer etc.)
- DirectAudioRenderer is used as the default audio renderer on Solaris 2.8 and above
- Numerous bug fixes
New Features in JMF 2.1.1 Beta 1
- RTP API updates.
- RTP client lip-sync improvements and some other optimizations.
- Added DirectAudioRenderer and DirectAudioCapturer for performance packs.
- Added arbitrary audio rate conversion codec.
- HTTPS (secure sockets) protocol support.
- Extended customizer to customize performance packs.
- Numerous bug fixes.
New Features in JMF 2.1 FCS
- Initial Linux port delivered to Blackdown.org
- Optimized video rendering for SunRayTM on SolarisTM.
- Video scaling.
- Complete RTSP client.
- Numerous bug fixes.
New Features in JMF 2.0 FCS
New Features in JMF 2.0 Beta 2
- MPEG layer III (mp3) audio encoder.
- Cinepak pro video encoder on Solaris.
- Audio and video monitoring via MonitorControl from the processor.
- Video monitoring for VFW capture.
- Non-realtime software video scaler.
- Registration of new mime types via MimeManager (in the com.sun package).
- FramePositioningControl fully supported.
- Early access preview:
- RTP MPEG audio and video support for transmission and reception.
- RTSP reception.
- Improved GUI design for JMStudio.
New Features in JMF 2.0 Beta
- JavaSound capture functionality enabled when running as an applet in Netscape
- The all-java JPEGRenderer is enabled
- Playback of MP2 audio files fixed for all-java JMF
- MPEG movies on Solaris can play if the audio device is not available
- DirectShow MPEG player can play in MS Internet Explorer
- Plug-in's can be registered when running under Java 2 SDK, version 1.2
- An application can use setSecurityManager() to set its own security manager in Java 2 SDK, version 1.2 or greater
- Playback support for new file types
(see the complete supported formats list):
- IBM HotMedia
- Macromedia Flash 2
- File writing for the QuickTime format.
- New Codecs (see the complete supported formats list):
- MPEG-1 system stream decoder
- All-java MP3 decoder <!-- REMOVE UNTIL JMF 2.0 FCS - NEED LEGAL PERmiSSION TO USE
- ITU standard G.728, G.729 decoders and encoders for use with RTP -->
- RTP Processor for processing and saving RTP transmitted data to files
- A new mechanism to clone and merge Datasources
- Completed API features that were not implemented in the EA release:
- Converters to convert from java.awt.Image to javax.media.Buffer; and vice versa
- Creating processors from ProcessorModel's (Manager.createRealizedProcessor)
- New controls:
- FormatControl for setting and changing formats on capture DataSources
- FramePositioningControl for stepping in seekable media types (e.g. QuickTime, AVI)
- BufferControl for RTP DataSource and JavaSound renderer for contrg latency
- MonitorControl for processors
- Support for more capture devices. See Capturers for a list of supported capture devices
- Updated the JMStudio GUI to the Java-look-n-feel and for better support of tranSCOding and RTP transmission
- Added a new application "Export" for advance use of transcoding, previewing, etc.
- Beta API changes. See the change list
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ，链接：http://blog.itpub.net/10752043/viewspace-990948/，如需转载，请注明出处，否则将追究法律责任。